November 7, 2018
7 Ways to Save Money by Going Green!
Our world is changing. Constant waste and pollution is threatening the natural world we live in. Follow these tips to go green and to save a little extra money at the same time.
- Replace your light-bulbs with LED lights: A small investment can save you thousands of dollars in the long run, and the LED's can have a lifespan of up to 10 years!
- Wait until you have a full laundry basket of dirty clothes before you wash: This prevents the waste of water and energy costs.
- Wash your clothes in a cold water setting: Lower costs and energy without having to heat the water to clean your clothes with the same clean result.
- Install a programmable thermostat: This small technical app allows you to be able to program your house for when you want to turn on the heat or AC without wasting energy heating or cooling your home when you are not there. Saving you extra money on your utility bill.
- Install low-flow showers heads: This can decrease the amount of water flow coming from your shower head and will decrease the amount of wasted water.
- Instill sink-water aerators: this is a easy application on your sink that will decrease the flow of water and again saving you money.
- Run the dishwasher only when it is full: We all can get a bit lazy when it comes to dishes, by running the washer only when it has reached its maximum capacity, you're decreasing the water and energy it takes for one load rather than running multiple loads.
For more tips and info please visit Small Footprint Family: