Do you own or work out at a gym? Follow these Eco friendly ideas to help make the world a healthier place! Clubs and gyms require lots of energy to operate exercise machines, heated swimming pools, laundry facilities, etc. To cut costs and reduce their environmental impact, major players in the fitness industry are exploring options for creating greener gym environments to help the environment. With the energy crisis and global warming appearing more and more, take these actions or mention it to your local gym owner to help decrease wasted energy.
- Eco-Conscious Lighting
- Switch to LED lighting, which uses 20 to 30 percent of the electricity of conventional lighting.
- Unplug Technology When You’re Not Using It
- If its possible, unplug equipment that doesn’t get too much use. These big machines still use power if they are not on.
- Offer filtered water instead of selling one time use bottled water
- Limit Paper Use
- Recycle, Recycle & Recycle!
- Avoid Fans and Air Conditioning – try going with natural air flow if possible.