Top 5 Most Popular Exercise Activities and Percent Distribution of Activity by Sex and by Age
Posted on June 02, 2015
What are the most popular exercise activities in the United States?
Fitness Equipment Depot Worldwide did a little digging into the statisics of exercise and what did we find? Well, people living in the Pacific, New England, and Mountain regions of the country are more likely to participate in sports or exercise activities than those in other regions. In fact, those living in the Pacific region are about 50 percent more likely to exercise on an average day than are those in the East South Central and West South Central regions.
Most Popular Exercises
- Using cardiovascular equipment
- Swimming, surfing, water skiing
Percent Distribution of Activity by Sex and by Age
- Walking | 42% of Men, 57% of Women | 25-54 = 40% , 55+ = 50%
- Weightlifting | 64% of Men, 36% of Women |25-54 =60% , 55+ =15%
- Using cardiovascular equipment | 44% of Men, 56% of Women | 25-54 = 60%, 55+ = 25%
- Swimming, surfing, water skiing |47% of Men, 53% of Women | 25-53 = 40% , 55+ = 25%
- Running | 58% of Men, 42% of Women | 25-54 = 70%, 55+ = 10%